Voluteer Kristin Eddings helps a student at TCV work on her digital story.
Photo by Cheryl Crow.
BRIDGES GLOBAL CITIZENS PROGRAM
The Bridges Global Citizens Program
connects middle and high school
classrooms in USA, India, Peru, South Africa, Guatemala and other countries.
Teachers and students can access digital stories that have been produced by students all over the world. The Bridges website allows classes to connect with other Bridges classrooms around the world to post messages and share their work in our password-protected discussion forums.
Using our story guides, students can explore rich multicultural content that is important to their global peers. This primary source can be woven into any curriculum to enrich learning with content produced by students from a wide variety of cultures. Teachers have online access to our Digital Storytelling in the Classroom Curriculum for guidance in producing digital stories in their own classrooms. Along with online access to Bridges' Curriculum, teachers in the Global Citizens Program have access to a DVD with Bridges digital stories from around the world and other Bridges online resources throughout the year.
The annual membership fee for the Bridges Global Citizens program is $200 per classroom, dependent on each individual school’s ability to pay.
Membership in the Bridges Global Citizens program includes:
- Online access to a selection of Bridges youth-produced digital stories, with their associated story guides,
- A DVD with selected Bridges digital stories from around the world (shipping and handling charges apply),
- Online access to the Bridges Digital Storytelling in the Classroom curriculum,
- Online access to the complete gallery of Bridges youth-produced digital stories,
- Your class space on the Bridges website,
- Access for your class to the Bridges discussion forums,
- Up to 2 hours consulting time (through email and phone) to help you get started, and
- Other Bridges online resources throughout the year.